When: 4-5th of March 2020, starting at 10:00 on March 4, ending at 15:00 on March 5.
Where: Sandefjord Park Hotel, Sandefjord, Norway
WATTS UP is back for the sixth time and this year with the topic, Open Horizons. The number of ships with batteries are increasing and we see batteries being installed on more ship types than before. WATTS UP 2020 will be focusing on the battery technology development, applications on different ship types (experience, operations, design), as well as afterlife and hybrid solutions.
WATTS UP each year brings together experts and interested parties who all wish to move the maritime world towards smarter use of energy. The conference is the place to be for all who are interested in ships, batteries and hybrids, and their development. It is an opportunity to meet key personnel dedicated to technology developments as well as the end users. We hope the results of the conference will help streamline battery uptake for the maritime industry.
We hope the results of the conference will help streamline battery uptake for the maritime industry. This is an opportunity to meet key personnel dedicated to technology developments as well as the end users.
The optional conference dinner will be on board the wolrd’s largest plug-in hybrid vessel, Color Hybrid. There are limited number of seats. There will also be a presentation and tour on board the ship.
Note to MBF members: The MBF Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held on the morning of the first conference day, from 09:00 to 10:00, before the conference starts. Please indicate whether you would like to attend the AGM when you register.
- Ærø Municipality, “The all electric Ellen ferry”
- Green City Ferries, “5 years of battery operations”
- Damen Shipyard, “Past experience and future outlook from a shipbuilder’s perspective”
- Norwegian Public Roads Administration, “Charging the battery powered ferry fleet – challenges, possibilities and the way forward”
- Yxney, “Visualizing savings of battery installations in the offshore sector”
- Corvus Energy, “The fire on board MF Ytterøyningen”
- DNV GL, “Maritime Battery Safety JDP”
- Color Line, “The Color Hybrid”
- Maritime Battery Forum, “Battery market update”
- ABB, “Battery lifetime testing”
- University of Agder, “Second use of batteries and automated disassembly of battery packs, modules and cells”
- Lavle, “Solid state battery technology”
- Carnival, “The ADIAperla project"
- Teekay, “The E-shuttles”
Speakers and more information about the program to be announced soon.
Who should attend?
Battery manufacturers, system integrators, shipyards, ship owners, ship managers, ports, authorities, research institutions, government agencies, port authorities, class societies, designers, think tanks, anyone who has an interest in ships and batteries.
Feedback from previous years:
100% of respondents to the 2017, 2018 & 2019 conferences recommend WATTS UP. The number of attendees has increased every year, and the WATTS UP 2019 achieved a record of more than 130 attendees.
- Conference ticket (both days): NOK 6000 ex. vat.
- One day: NOK 4500 ex. vat.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.